Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Vampire: the Masquerade is now on the Roll20 Marketplace!

You’ve been thirsting for it, and now it’s here! Vampire: the Masquerade is one of the most popular games played on Roll20 , and we’ve partnered with Renegade Game Studios to bring it straight into the VTT for your coterie to feast upon. We announced last week during Renegade’s Elysium: Weekend of Darkness event and launched preorders to celebrate their event. Today, three books went live on the Marketplace for you to kick off your Roll20 collection of darkness. There is a LOT to talk about with this release, and a lot of questions I’d like to address, so I’ll get straight to it! The Content Warning First things first: Vampire: the Masquerade is a Storytelling game of personal and political horror, and as such it comes with a Mature Content warning. Please be advised! Mature Warning: Age 18+. Contains graphic and written content of a mature nature, including violence, sexual themes, and strong language. Reader discretion is advised. The Products The Roll20 release of each of these three books features all book assets, lore, and information fully integrated for the VTT, ready for you and your coterie to sink their teeth in on day one. This includes loresheets, player token packs, in-world lore articles that can be dragged into your game, and any storyteller characters, Predator Types, Advantages, and Disciplines with in-app drag-and-drop support. Below are highlights of the three products and their Roll20 integrations. VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE 5th EDITION CORE RULEBOOK As a vampire, struggle for survival, supremacy, and your own fading humanity Suffer the pangs of Hunger, while navigating undead politics and avoiding deadly hunters. Honors the history of Vampire: The Masquerade while advancing the story with streamlined 5th Edition rules. The Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition rules and lore : Character creation, conflict, and systems of the blood Detailed breakdown of the Clans and Coteries including their disciplines, beliefs, and society Rules for Character Creation including Core Traits, Predator Types, and Disciplines 220+ Advantages and Flaws with in-app drag-and-drop to make building your character easier than ever   VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE ANARCH SOURCEBOOK A look into the Anarch sect with vignettes on vampires within the Anarch Movement Adds new rules to Vampire: The Masquerade, including rules for the Ministry A deeper look into clans among the Anarchs, with lore sheets and histories to add to your gameplay experience All-new essays on nocturnal survival and politics from Juhana Pettersson 40+ Advantages and Flaws with in-app drag-and-drop to make building your character easier than ever The Vampire: The Masquerade Anarch compendium provides in-character lore giving you a close encounter with revolutionaries fighting to destroy an immortal tyranny of blood   VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE CAMARILLA SOURCEBOOK A deeper look into the Camarilla sect for the Vampire: The Masquerade roleplaying game Introduces the Ashirra sect and the Banu Haqim clan for more character options, as well as detailed information on the other clans within the Camarilla New rituals, lore sheets, and histories to add to your gameplay experience Insight into the Second Inquisition, a global resurgence of well-funded and coordinated vampire hunters 35+ Advantages and Flaws with in-app drag-and-drop to make building your character easier than ever The Vampire: The Masquerade Camarilla compendium gives first hand accounts about this secret society of vampires   Each product is available as a bundle, containing a unique token art pack and a compendium expansion , both of which are unlocked with your purchase.    You can purchase each of the three products individually, or all together in our Storyteller Bundle . The Storyteller Bundle includes all of the above - token packs and Compendium expansions for the Core Rulebook, the Anarch Sourcebook, and the Camarilla Sourcebook, as well as the upcoming Storyteller’s Toolkit as a free gift with your bundle purchase. I must point out, however, that although the books are available today, the Storyteller’s Toolkit will not be available until the fall (you can view Renegade’s website for more information). Once the Storyteller’s Toolkit is released on Roll20, it will be gifted to all those who have purchased the Storyteller Bundle and will automatically be included in the bundle moving forward. In essence, this will be a 32-page source book containing tools and advice on creating a Vampire: the Masquerade chronicle, all fully integrated into the VTT for the most fluid Storyteller experience possible!   The Character Sheet To support all this thrilling content, our team put together a sharp new Official Vampire: the Masquerade Character Sheet as well! We are VERY excited for you to check it out and dive into the creation of your kindred. And to keep the excitement flowing, we’re going to be rolling out additional support to the sheet in the months ahead. As of launch, the Player Character Sheet is available with drag and drop support and thematic roll templates, but our roadmap for upcoming development includes an NPC sheet, enhanced support for Health, Willpower, and Humanity, and a Coterie sheet - as well as a Charactermancer. You can view more information in the Character Sheet specific thread from Nic, here - and expect to see announcements about those features in that thread moving forward. Which Clan Am I Definitely Toreador. If you have any questions about these products, please let us know and we’ll do our best to address them. And of course, if you experience any bugs please report them via our Help Center . These are just the first of many Vampire: the Masquerade-related announcements coming to Roll20 this year, so stay tuned. In the meantime, grab your coterie, throw your moodboard up on the VTT, and immerse yourself in this classic storytelling game of horror with integrated Roll20 support thanks to these products!
Was just wondering when will we be able to search for Vampire the Masquerade in the looking for games tool?
Steve M said: Was just wondering when will we be able to search for Vampire the Masquerade in the looking for games tool? Hey Steve, Appreciate the good call out. You'll see Vampire: The Masquerade appear in the LFG tool starting on 6/22, next Tuesday!

Edited 1624029886
I'm seeing a problem with the NPC characters. There is no data filled in on character sheets, even though the NPCs have stats in their descriptions. The descriptions don't even have a link to a chat macro that could produce a result. And, honestly, it's ridiculous that there is not a simple way for someone to have the standard rolls for the game show up in chat.

Edited 1624046166
I made two macros for rolling dice pools using the new V5 roll20 character sheet. This also uses the template. One is for rolls without hunger dice and one is for with hunger dice. They pull hunger from the selected token so you can make the macros token actions for all players. Hope the community finds them helpful. With Hunger dice: &{template:vampire}{{title=HUNGER DICE POOL}}{{character=@{selected|token_name}}}{{attribute=}}{{skill=[[?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10}]]}}{{rolls=[[?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10} - @{selected|hunger}]]}}{{hunger=[[@{selected|hunger},?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10}kl1]]}}{{rollcount=[[?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10}]]}}{{roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_3=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_4=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_5=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_6=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_7=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_8=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_9=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_10=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_11=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_12=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_13=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_14=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_15=[[1d10]]}}{{blood_roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_3=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_4=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_5=[[1d10]]}} Without Hunger Dice &{template:vampire}{{title=DICE POOL}}{{character=@{selected|token_name}}}{{attribute=}}{{skill=[[?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10}]]}}{{rolls=[[?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10}]]}}{{rollcount=[[?{DICE|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10}]]}}{{roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_3=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_4=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_5=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_6=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_7=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_8=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_9=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_10=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_11=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_12=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_13=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_14=[[1d10]]}},{{roll_15=[[1d10]]}}{{blood_roll_1=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_2=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_3=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_4=[[1d10]]}},{{blood_roll_5=[[1d10]]}}
Dr DM said: I'm seeing a problem with the NPC characters. There is no data filled in on character sheets, even though the NPCs have stats in their descriptions. The descriptions don't even have a link to a chat macro that could produce a result. And, honestly, it's ridiculous that there is not a simple way for someone to have the standard rolls for the game show up in chat. I am also annoyed that the NPC's are not populated with stats. There should be a basic version of each clan by blood potency levels for quick use in games. Also I would like to see the Main cannon characters sheets filled out with art. This is done well with all of the D&D books and for the price of VtM we got very little Roll20 useable items.
Hey folks! As mentioned, the NPC sheet is currently in development and will be unveiled soon. In the meantime, we wanted to make sure you could hit the streets running, so the stats are ready for you to use in the bio/description fields.&nbsp; Keep your eyes posted on the Character Sheet thread for updates!&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10167852/vampire-the-masquerade-5th-edition-by-roll20" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10167852/vampire-the-masquerade-5th-edition-by-roll20</a>
Thank you, Sorry if my post came across poorly. I am excited to see what is added to the VtM system on Roll20. My group uses Roll20 for D&amp;D and Cyberpunk games every week.
No worries, Adam! I'm excited that you're excited - and thanks for sharing your macros. I'm thrilled to bring more and more titles to the Roll20 marketplace and more and more game support to the VTT - and fans like you are exactly why!
One of the questions I have, since we're looking at getting this for an upcoming game... will the disciplines be clickable? I really like to keep track of that stuff during a game, and having it auto-tagged is huge. Also, can we get a few screenshots of the sheet and rolls in action?
Okay, went ahead and bought it . It seems to work great but... Disciplines seem to be weird? If I had a discipline, it adds ALL the powers, but if I try to remove one by deleting the name, it removes all disciplines below it. Is this a bug?
Katie C. said: Okay, went ahead and bought it . It seems to work great but... Disciplines seem to be weird? If I had a discipline, it adds ALL the powers, but if I try to remove one by deleting the name, it removes all disciplines below it. Is this a bug? That is not a bug they are going to fix that. I mark the abilities I have with an * before the name to keep it clear.&nbsp;
Adam S. said: Katie C. said: Okay, went ahead and bought it . It seems to work great but... Disciplines seem to be weird? If I had a discipline, it adds ALL the powers, but if I try to remove one by deleting the name, it removes all disciplines below it. Is this a bug? That is not a bug they are going to fix that. I mark the abilities I have with an * before the name to keep it clear.&nbsp; Weirdly, when I tried that this morning, it still deleted a bunch of the powers... Are you seeing that now? Because I swear that was working before, too.
Eve
Roll20 Team
Huge thanks to everyone who provided feedback here. I'm going to be closing this thread at this time. If you have any issues moving forward please reach out directly via our Help Center !