Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

WeaponArcs is fantastic, but what about WeaponLines, WeaponCubes, & WeaponCylinders?

Pretty much what the title says. I'm curious if it is possible to modify  The Aaron 's fantastic WeaponArcs script to include Lines, Cubes, and/or Cylinders. This would round out all of the spell shapes offered in 5e D&D. WeaponLines: I realize you can mimic the effect of a line using the WeaponArcs function by making the angle less than 5 degrees, but the result is a thin  line. Ideally, the script would make it possible to have a straight line # (e.g., 5, 10, 15) units wide. This would be useful for a number of attacks (e.g., a blue dragonborn's breath attack in 5e D&D). WeaponCubes: Similar to how you can use the WeaponsArcs script to create a full sphere around you by making the angle 360 degrees, I would like to see a similar effect but in the shape of a square/rectangle. This would be useful for the occasional effect/attack (e.g., a door falling, the thunderwave spell in 5e D&D). WeaponCylinders: This would be the combination of the WeaponArcs with the WeaponLines, but honestly, I am not sure how useful it would be in a two-dimension game. I merely included it to complete all of the spell shapes offered in 5e D&D. Thank you for your time and  The Aaron  time for creating such a wonderful Script in the first place.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's definitely possible. Lines, squares, and circles are pretty easy to draw with the drawing tools, but I suppose they don't have the transparency and ease as from this script. Stephen S made a pretty nifty areas of effect Script a few years ago that you might like:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2331639/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2331639/</a> Maybe I should polish that up with the things I've learned from this one. =D