Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Used Teleport in Ravenloft -- can't remove individual flags

I used Pat's new teleport program to move pc's to different floors in Ravenloft, which in Ravenloft means different maps. It worked well, but... When characters move to another map their individual icons move to let them see while the player flag is elsewhere. They all went to the floors together and I would just move the players flag to the new floor. The problem was when they left Ravenloft and I moved them and the player flag to a non-Ravenloft map they couldn't see in the new map.  We played around with restarting, turning things on and off, etc. Eventual they discovered they could see the last Ravenloft map they had been on. I checked the map and sure enough, their individual icons were all still on the Ravenloft map from which they left. Apparently the player ribbon no longer means anything. They see only where their individual icons are. (Note these icons appear on the map icons on the map pulldown where the gm chooses maps.) To check this I set up a teleport from Map 3 of Ravenloft to the map I wanted them on and teleported them and then they could see. Their individual icons were on the new map. We were then finally able to play the session. However, I would rather not have to create fake teleports every time I want to move them to a new map. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can unwind this mess? 
If you drag individual player icons back to the "Player" ribbon, the players will once again all move together with the Player ribbon. I hope this helps, and that I interpreted the issue correctly.
Here's a link to the documentation on splitting the party to different maps:  Page Toolbar – Roll20 Help Center
Thank you both. I just tried it and it looks like it worked. I appreciate your help very much. I was just plotting out how to manage things if I were stuck with creating teleports to every page. The APIs are wonderful but I seem to recall some advice about fools walking in ... Roll20 is fortunate that it has so many angels who don't fear to tread and are willing to help the fools. Thank you again.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Some more things to try and add to the script, a single-button gather all to player ribbon.