Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium for GM use, but not players?

Just bought the Monster Manual compendium, and the PH.  Was surprised to hear that my players can now browse all the monsters. Went to game settings to disable this and it seems I have two options... all or none.  Is there no way to say (share with me, not my players)?

Edited 1624301005
Eric
Sheet Author
In the "Game settings", under "Compendium settings", check for these options. I believe the "white checkmark" setting will prevent the sharing of the book to your players. The red will disable it for you, and you definitely dont want the green one. BUT, there are monsters included in the basic rules (not certain of the name) and in the players handbook. I dont believe you can prevent your players from seeing those.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unfortunately, it is All or None. As a pro user, you could keep the MM out of your Compendium Sharing and transmogrify them in from a different game, but that seems really clunky, and unrealistic in a world where you players could easily buy their own copy on the MM in print or digital, or consult the SRD, or just google search for statblocks.  There's no way to keep this info out of the hands of players, regardless of how or where you play. It's a group discipline matter. Some GMs switch up the printed stats if they cannot keep their players from checking.