Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action Maker - Bug or feature?

If you have the Global Skill Modifier in use (like for example for the Guidance spell), if you click an ability (for example Athletics) directly on the character sheet, then the global modifier is added but if you do the roll using the button(s) created by Token Action Maker, the global modifier is not added.  I tried rebuilding the buttons (with !ta) but that didn't seem to help. Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a bug, can it please be fixed? :-)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unfortunately, the skill system in the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet has gotten very complex. The buttons that TAM makes are very simple, and do not account for things like Global Skill Modifiers, Jack of Trades, and so forth. The problem is that at some point, the sheet switched any skill roll of complexity to an attribute, instead of a sheet action. The drop down query parser simply breaks when you use the built in rolls. It's a known limitation . I know that the sheet is long due for a refactoring, and have hopes that this will eliminate the problem. Until then, there's no good solution for higher level skill modifications. They should still eb perfectly fine for NPCs, though. There are some API solutions, but one of the central design considerations of TAM is to be fire and forget. You need the script to create the token actions, but not to run them. So Bug, but unavoidable at the moment.
Thanks for the response, as disappointing as it is. I understand there's nothing you can do (at the moment).  And, yes, the sheet is long overdue for a MAJOR update/overhaul/whatever.