Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

WeaponArcs Help

So I'm setting up WeaponArcs for a Starfinder game I'm planning on running, but I'm getting some odd behavior.  This is the command I'm running:  !weapon-arc --add 90 3u Nothing happens, but in the API Console the following error pops up: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: API"} For funsies, I made a character assigned to me named API and when I ran the command, I got the help output dumped into chat.  Is there a setting I need to change somewhere? Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
How are you running that command?  That message should only come up if you are calling it from another script. 
Ah yes. I was trying to call it through a ScriptCard. Is that not possible then?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I've never tried it, but the main problem is likely that ScriptCards doesn't have a way to pass along the selected token information. I bet Tim has a solution for this though...  <paging Tim...>
Ha! That was it. Adding in a forselected command fixed it.  Thanks Aaron! (And Tim too)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
ah, nice!
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Cool. Glad it helped!