Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help dragging folders into folders

Edited 1625114529
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Is there a more reliable way of dragging folders into folders in the Journal tab? This has always been fussy for me, but tonight I can't get it to work at all. I open the target folder by clicking on the + to change it into a -. Then I click and hold on the + of the folder, wait a moment, then drag it into the target folder... Slightly to the right. It never creates a drop-zone, and no matter where I release my dragged folder within the target, it doesn't work and returns the dragged folder to its original location. I tried changing font zoom, FF and Chrome, and different window sizes. If I upgraded to Pro, is this more reliable or is there an API that supports nesting folders? [removed the video because it looks bad out of context]
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm, seems to be working for me.  Are you trying to go more than 3 folders deep? Tier 1 Folder -Tier 2 Folder --Tier 3 Folder ---You can't put folders here, only journal entries (sheets/handouts).
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
That's the problem! I was dragging a 1st tier folder with 2nd and 3rd tiers inside it, into another folder. That would have exceeded the 3-folder depth. Thanks!