Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Id instead of select

Is there a way to use the token id to retrieve information from a token value instead of selecting the token?  (Without API) @{selected|Bar1} to @{ -MU8r3_LbNE0ANB5UQLY|Bar1 } doesn't seem to work. No character was found for '-MU8r3_LbNE0ANB5UQLY' When that is the ID for the token.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant use token ids there - it has to be the token or character name, not id.
When switching to @{Captain's Quarters|bar1} this is the output.  If it can't be done I have other way to do what I wist, just trying to simplify. No character was found for 'Captain’s Quarters' Kilter (GM): Captain’s Quarters|bar1
Is 'Captain’s Quarters' the name of the character, or the token name? You can't reference the token name there. And I don't think you can reference the bar1 attribute from a character_name or character_id (because those are token attributes, not character attributes). From the wiki : Their syntax is as follows: [Label](~<keyword>|<ability name>) As with  Attribute  and  Ability  calls, the  keyword  is your choice of  selected ,  target  or a character_name. You can also use a character_id as a keyword.
It is the token name; I didn't want to create a sheet for each token but wanted to pull the information without selecting or targeting the token. Making a menu macro without API harder to do to needing 7 macros for each value instead of one. Thank you for your insight.
If you post what you are trying to do (what information you are trying to pull without selecting the token), there may be other solutions that the community can offer. :)
Mainly storing information in token values like listed here Invisible Tokens - The Notes Token -keithcurtis — (Video by Nick O)  and retrieving the information from a set macro or a link sent to chat. (Not using charactersheets, selected or target.) Something like [click here for X](@{Captain's Quarters|bar1}) or [click here for X](@{Captain's Quarters|bar1|max})
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The latest version of Supernotes (available in One Click) allows you to specify by token id. Example: !gmnote --id-MZLvtCa8xCfsR1MiXFa
This is good to know for my own games. But was mainly looking for a way without API. But thank you for this as it is one of the scripts I am planning on looking at and adding to my list. keithcurtis said: The latest version of Supernotes (available in One Click) allows you to specify by token id. Example: !gmnote --id-MZLvtCa8xCfsR1MiXFa