Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any Harry Potter Roleplay game out there?

Hello, I'm a fan of unnique settings and weird tabletop games, and not long ago I discover there was a Harry Potter game, but sadly I never see that nobody play one, I'm not very experiece to be a GM, but I would like to be a player in that type of game, if somebody knows about one or is looking to make something similar, please feel free to let me know.
Harry Potter is a setting though, what do you have in mind for campaign theme and direction?
I was thinking in a roleplay story trough the years in the school, learning the spells and facing the different challenges and enemies, like a classic RPG. But I'm open to different options too.
Not sure if you're still looking for a group, but I am running an adventuring academy TTRPG. It isn't exactly like Harry Potter, but definitely has a lot of influence from it. It is a paid campaign, so if that isn't your thing, that's okay. The sessions is on Friday from 7-11 pm. It's $15/session. I need 2 more players for this game, so if you're interested, feel free to message me on discord Sunflower Boy Milo#2632.
Sadly I cannot aford any paying sessions rigth now.
Critcal I am thinking of getting a Harry Potter game up and running. Kaspar asked the same thing on another thread not understanding what harry potter game means. As far as paying I will run it at no cost to anyone. Paid games are BS. Games have been free since the 70s and should stay that way.
What rule set would you be using. I might be interested. Also would need to know day and time
Holy crap, I didn't know there was a Harry Potter RPG community out there, where can I learn more about the game?
thingjob Thank you so much, yes if you let me I would gladly join your game, feel free to DM me all the details and requirements that you need. Thanks again.
They have a D&D harry potter system. I guess we can run that. I'm avliable 7 days a week from 3pm to 10 pm. EST
Not had much luck with set systems people have tried to twist into working for something else. Would this work?&nbsp; <a href="https://meetthenewboss.info/kent/hogwarts/Harry%20Potter%20RPG%20Core%20Rule%20Book.pdf" rel="nofollow">https://meetthenewboss.info/kent/hogwarts/Harry%20Potter%20RPG%20Core%20Rule%20Book.pdf</a>
whatever the setting it is I'm ok with it, I'm adaptable.
Ok guys here what I need. IM me your character concept. Your all gonna be just starting at hogwarts. Let me know your home type. Muggle home? Magic? How do you see muggles if you were raised in a magic house? WHat do your parents do for a living? There are no small details. Siblings, pets, favorite snacks.
As someone who is a huge Harry Potter fan. I am surprised I haven't seen 5E or another game converted into a Harry Potter type ttrpg. Might be a little hard since you know, You can only be a witch or wizard. I'd love to see this happen one day. I hope you find the group Critical. Ravenclaw for life!
i would love to try this out if there is still room
Vrinia said: As someone who is a huge Harry Potter fan. I am surprised I haven't seen 5E or another game converted into a Harry Potter type ttrpg. Might be a little hard since you know, You can only be a witch or wizard. I'd love to see this happen one day. I hope you find the group Critical. Ravenclaw for life! Trying to adapt DnD to harry Potter woull be liketrying to hammer a square peg into the crescent shape hole. So you all start as level 1 Wizards... A point buy, skill focused system would work best. Fate if you want the narative mechanics. or Gurps. thingjob said: Ok guys here what I need. IM me your character concept. Your all gonna be just starting at hogwarts. Let me know your home type. Muggle home? Magic? How do you see muggles if you were raised in a magic house? WHat do your parents do for a living? There are no small details. Siblings, pets, favorite snacks. What day and time are you thinking? And what would be ingame year?
Vrinia said: As someone who is a huge Harry Potter fan. I am surprised I haven't seen 5E or another game converted into a Harry Potter type ttrpg. Might be a little hard since you know, You can only be a witch or wizard. I'd love to see this happen one day. I hope you find the group Critical. Ravenclaw for life! Peter R. said: i would love to try this out if there is still room If the GM thingjob lets you, you guys are welcome to join, so far we don't have dates yet.
thingjob, will you be running the Wands &amp; Wizards, 5e adaptation? <a href="https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LsXE64qLDdLgBczM2kA" rel="nofollow">https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LsXE64qLDdLgBczM2kA</a>
Patty Cake said: thingjob, will you be running the Wands &amp; Wizards, 5e adaptation? <a href="https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LsXE64qLDdLgBczM2kA" rel="nofollow">https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LsXE64qLDdLgBczM2kA</a> Ohh that one looks great
Yeah that seems to be what they are going with.
Kaspar K. said: Vrinia said: As someone who is a huge Harry Potter fan. I am surprised I haven't seen 5E or another game converted into a Harry Potter type ttrpg. Might be a little hard since you know, You can only be a witch or wizard. I'd love to see this happen one day. I hope you find the group Critical. Ravenclaw for life! Trying to adapt DnD to harry Potter woull be liketrying to hammer a square peg into the crescent shape hole. So you all start as level 1 Wizards... A point buy, skill focused system would work best. Fate if you want the narative mechanics. or Gurps. thingjob said: Ok guys here what I need. IM me your character concept. Your all gonna be just starting at hogwarts. Let me know your home type. Muggle home? Magic? How do you see muggles if you were raised in a magic house? WHat do your parents do for a living? There are no small details. Siblings, pets, favorite snacks. What day and time are you thinking? And what would be ingame year? We still do not have a date so far sadly.