Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I don't even know wtf just happened.

I was simply adding token actions to a few sheets and suddenly no buttons would work, everytime I fired an attack on any sheet it would repeat the same 4 entries of bogus information, it would repeat a message a player sent 2 days ago, 2 blank npc trait templates, and a whisper to me that I've dealt 2 cards out, no matter what buttons I pressed on any sheet the same exact 4 entries happened.  I had no idea what to do so I thought I could maybe rollback to yesterday, when I did that now my players who all leveled up and played a 6 hour session on tuesday have had all of their sheets undone even though the 9th was clearly yesterday...How do I get all of this fixed?  All I did was run !ta attacks spells in chat and then everything went fubar.  Now everything is fine but its as if my session was back last week wtf?  Someone please tell me theres a way to recover this?

Edited 1625938164
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure about the rollback. It might be impossible to undo one. I had a bad experience with one (they seem to work poorly on large campaigns) and so avoid them. I just make period manual copies. Still, it might be worth filing a  Help Center Request . Next time you have that first problem, it might be due to a corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Yeah it felt like it was a chat only issue cause the CRL api was playing still on rolls but I wouldn't see the rolls.