Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Sharing outside game (in compendium page)

Edited 1626020574
Hi, I'm a Plus subscribers with two games I want to share my compendium on. My players seem to be able to access compendium pages in-game but not on the outside pages like <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Player's%20Handbook" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Player's%20Handbook</a>. This is very inconvenient, because most of them are not very experienced in the game and would like to read more on the PHB and other books, for character creation, understanding combat and "shop around" before character creation on the game that will start in about a month. Accessing the compendium pages directly on a phone, tablet and laptop is much more convenient than having to log in-game with a UI that was clearly not designed to navigate through compendium entries like that. Just one player has been able to access the link above with me sharing it (he does not own it himself) and the others are all seeing the "You do not own this book, purchase" page. All the compendium sharing settings on the two games they are on are correct, and yet they cannot use it. There is no mention of a differentiation of in-game and outside compendium in the Wiki pages . Could I get some help? Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's there, but it's very confusing and easily misread. Statements like "Compendium content that the game creator has purchased is now more easily shared among participants in a game." can easily be taken to mean they just have to be participants of a game rather than in &nbsp;the game. Unfortuantely, that is the way this feature works. However, you can duplicate the book view with this trick from&nbsp; TIps n Tricks Tricks : Advanced Compendium Sharing &nbsp;- keithcurtis
Oh okay, so the Compendium Sharing is limited to within the game UI. That's a bit of a bummer, not being available in a mobile view for reading the game's rules on mobile while on a commute. Within those limitations though, your trick is very useful! Thank you for answering and for your many tips I'll submit a request for clarification on the Wiki page