Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animated TOKENS: Barbarians [new release]

Paul C.
Marketplace Creator
One of the features I love about roll20 is the ability to use animations in your game. With AI becoming more available to content creators I decided to animate my tokens using this new technology. It takes a single painted portrait and makes it act and move like a real human being. Personally, I think it looks great. But please judge for yourself and click on the token images in the pack to see the animation. Let me know what you think! Animated TOKENS: Barbarians
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Those are pretty cool!
Paul C.
Marketplace Creator
Thanks :) I'm curious to see what AI will do for us creators in the coming years.
Wordforger
Plus
Marketplace Creator
OK, these are nifty.  NICE!
Xenobunny
Marketplace Creator
They are pretty sweet with a good duration to them that keeps the portrait just a lil more natural in its loop than other shorter gifs. I haven't tinkered much with the UI and I don't program but is there a way to script link images or GIFs to display a new art asset based on parameters such as damage or death? I'm thinking like old Doom or Wolfenstien portraits, where if the portrait at 50% hp or whatever was switched to a bloody version (it would load a target art asset rather than the DM manually changing a token). Sigh, I need app exp... But ya wow, I saw the animated tag and had to check these out earlier.
Paul C.
Marketplace Creator
Xenobunny I know there is an option to group images together so a slider appears to change the image when you click on it. Can't remember where exactly. I don't know if you can group together videos that way of different bloodied states but that might work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It sounds like you are describing a Rollable Table Token . In theory, that should work, though I've never tried it with animations.
Paul C.
Marketplace Creator
That's the one! But I also haven't tested it with animations.
Regina S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Wow! These are really cool!