Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

To run SWADE Deadlands should I:

To run SWADE deadlands here should I have both the SWADE core rules compendium and the Deadlands compendiums, or is the Deadlands Compendium sufficient. I'm going to guess both are useful/needed because of the edges and skills in the SWADE core rules that aren't in the Deadlands, and then the rules changes/new skills edges in the Deadlands rules.  But I just want to verify before I drop the cash on compendiums.
probably both. the swade compendium is bugged, with some of its entries being only available in deadlands. be aware of that.
Thanks. Yeah, I saw someone else saying that core Savage Wrolds Adventure Edition entries were bugged if you also had the deadlands ruleset.
Heya Greg, Having both is the ideal, as in the pen and paper version of the game the SWADE content contains the base concepts of the Savage Worlds system, and the Deadlands content extends and builds on that with theme specific content. I've already flagged with Roll20 / Pinnacle issues where the Deadlands compendium appears to have collided with the original SWADE compendium, so both platform and marketplace content owner are aware of the issues, but there is no timeline yet for when it will be fixed. So you'll face issues like equipment missing data for drag and drop into the sheet, erroneous links leading to 404s, and one type of compendium entry hiding another, so Martial Artist is both an edge and bestiary entry, but only the bestiary entry is visible.
Dresdon, Thanks for the response. Yeah, I've got the actual pen and paper books and yes, both are needed for that because the setting expands on the core savage world rules. The edge thing sounds like a naming collision (software dev here). I wonder how hard it would be to add a new edge on my own with a name like "Martial Artist (edge)" and if that would fix that issue...  No time to dig through the API's here though. Anyhow, here's hoping Pinnacle gets around to fixing them up eventually.
you can easily add the edge to the character sheets manually, and you don't need to add the edge tag at the end. the compendiums conflict with each other, but not with the character sheets directly, that i have seen.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Greg said: The edge thing sounds like a naming collision (software dev here). I wonder how hard it would be to add a new edge on my own with a name like "Martial Artist (edge)" and if that would fix that issue...  No time to dig through the API's here though. Anyhow, here's hoping Pinnacle gets around to fixing them up eventually. The team is working on this right now, I just can't give a timeline as to when it'll be fixed, however. You won't be able to add anything to the compendium (Roll20 doesn't support custom compendiums, at this time), but as Dalton said, you can easily add it to a character sheet manually.
Thanks Finderski!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
All the known and reported (that I'm aware of) issues have been resolved.  Harrowed Edge is now available for Drag and Drop, as is Martial Artist, etc.
Excellent! 
Awesome. Thanks!