Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a Torch API for the new Dynamic Lighting?

I was hoping to keep using Torch with the new lighting but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone updated Torch to work with the new lighting?
Torch has not been updated for UDL, as there are some issues with how UDL interacts with the current coding. The Aaron has said it is on his to-do list to update eventually.
Thanks Jarren, I'll try the Token Mod workaround for now then.
Theres an add on I got from the drop down list right under my game settings and it had a little pack that was added that had all sorts of different light sources, like torches lanterns, fireflys, spells with light. They were just tokens of the item or light source with the dynamic lighting preset for that item and it is pretty cool and easy to use or replicate if you wanted to do it your self.
SneakyNinja said: Theres an add on I got from the drop down list right under my game settings and it had a little pack that was added that had all sorts of different light sources, like torches lanterns, fireflys, spells with light. They were just tokens of the item or light source with the dynamic lighting preset for that item and it is pretty cool and easy to use or replicate if you wanted to do it your self. The Torch API script actually makes the light emitted from a token flicker and move around, instead of being a static round circle of light emitted from a token. It also has commands that could be used to easily light or snuff the torch tokens. I believe that’s the functionality that is being asked for here, not images/tokens themselves. Unfortunately the Torch API script does not function for UDL.