Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Having Issues with Doorknocker and ItsaTrap. Can anyone shed some light?

I'm having some issues working Its a trap and door knocker. I installed the scripts from the one click menu. With its a trap i have watched videos and read up on everything I can and I seem to have everything working but it is missing a section where I would input the dmg, atk, save , perception info to make the trap actually work other than just activating the animation and sound. I have tried using the script from the GitHub and have tried different versions all to no avail. The issue I'm having with Doorknocker is that the token that is used to configure and control the API was delete by mistake and I cant seem to recover it no matter how many time I delete and re add the script. I have looked online and cant find any info on the issue. If anyone is able to provide any answers or info I would greatly appreciate it and thank you for your time
The DoorKnocker Token is actually a character sheet. Did you delete it from your Journal? If not you should be able to drag it back out from there. It is originally created under a folder in your Journal called Characters, but you might have moved it.  Otherwise - can you start up a new test game, install the DoorKnocker API, and then Transmogrify the DoorKnocker UI character over to your actual game?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Sneaky, It's been a while since I used It's A Trap, but have you installed the module for your game system (5e, pathfinder, etc)? I believe the base It's A Trap just does the sounds and layer control. For Door Knocker, I can speak with more assurance. As Matthias said, the token itself isn't actually necessary, it simply links to the Door Knocker Character sheet. If the script can't find a Door Knocker character, it'll make a new one. You'll probably find it at the very bottom of the journal tab. If you can't find it, PM me an invite to your game and I'll do some investigation.
Ok Im going to check those things now. Ill have to look into the transmogrify thing. And I'm going shoot you a dm Scott C. I appreciate the time.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sounds great, also something I forgot to mention. You can easily get a link to the character sheet in chat by sending !knock  to chat. That will cause the script to send the help link to chat. Click on it and the character sheet should open up.