Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Loading marketplace module

I have just purchased Mothership, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to'activate' it. Help please? :)
I would have assumed that the Mothership ' Starter Bundle' would give you enough to play the game? Am Imissing something here?

Edited 1626574672
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So Mothership appears to have two things in the bundle. One is the compendium which you should be able to share with players via game settings and is accessible through the compendium tab in the game. It may include special features that work with the character sheets such as the ability to drag n drop items from the compendium to the sheet. However, I am not sure which features this includes.  The second thing in the bundle is an adventure addon that can be added to any game through the main page of the game. If you are unsure as to how to add and Addon, it is shown in the first part of my videos for my products (so excuse me while I add a plug to my cool Roll20 maps and map building sets... lol). Complete Fantasy Town  (Addon instructions start at 0:06 in the video) Anyways, I hope that is helpful. Happy gaming!
There seems to be something amiss with the map. All images on the map and background layer, and nothing on the Dynamic Lighting layer :(
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
There shouldn't be anything on the dynamic lighting layer except for maybe some lines. Have you tested a token that is set up with sight on the token layer to see if dynamic lighting is available? Not all sets come with dynamic lighting integrated. However, this set seems to indicate this on its description page: A brand new, Roll20 exclusive map of the Ypsilon 14 mining base that features dynamic lighting effects I don't know how many maps are included, but that map appears to be the only one that features dynamic lighting. If there are other maps other than that, you may have to just use Fog of War unless you want to take the time to set up the DL yourself.  I'm not sure how familiar you are with Roll20 and DL. If you are fairly new, I recommend watching some tutorials about DL. 
Pretty familiar with Dynamic lighting (I use it in all my other games). This map seems a bit 'broken'. There is a double image (one in green and one in red, slightly offset, like an old 3D image)) but it all seems to be part of the map layer. I have even tried to put the black on the lower layer to see if I can then grab the detail. but it's all part of the same 'drawing'

Edited 1626646586
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It appears that the module uses some unusual features. I'd suggest reading the "Start Here" document carefully. The yellow Relational Map is the player map. It's not really a combat map, but more of a flowchart map. The location map seems to be for just marking down where NPCs are? At any rate, it seems to be more for GM use. The art style looks to be an interpretation of a CRT display similar to those in use when the Alien movie was first made, and is almost certainly intentional. I haven't played the module, but it looks to be a Theater of the Mind sort of game, with the maps used for pacing the adventure. The Compendium (out of game) has the rulebook laid out in a read-through format. Also, if Roll20 has a Twitch game of the system, it might be a helpful idea to skim through that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Celeste Conowitch has a GM Prep video on the Roll20 Twitch channel .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And here's a playthrough .
Thank you Guys :)