Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

SRD content for commercial modules creation

Hello everyone, I'm currently in the process of creating a DnD5 module to submit on the Roll20 marketplace, and have a specific question regarding SRD content. From my understanding reading other threads on the forum, such as this very informative one , the SRD is OGL and OK to use in modules as long as it is credited using the SRD license . My question is about token art : are they covered in the OGL agreement? I can't seem to find a definitive answer about this specific point. In short, can I use a SRD monster as is, statblock to token, and put it in my module without any copyright problem? Thank you all in advance.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
SRD monsters have no art. You would need to supply your own token art. The safest way to produce an SRD compliant game would be to turn off all compendium sources for your development game, leaving you with only the SRD. There are some licensable token packs, and you can always contact a Marketplace artist about licensing their packs if you really like their style.
keithcurtis said: SRD monsters have no art. You would need to supply your own token art. The safest way to produce an SRD compliant game would be to turn off all compendium sources for your development game, leaving you with only the SRD. There are some licensable token packs, and you can always contact a Marketplace artist about licensing their packs if you really like their style. Alright, thanks for the answer. Having the MM, I never thought that the art were directly taken from it. I will work on getting licensed art for the tokens. Thank you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool. Good luck with your adventure!