Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenMod Light Color

Greetings. Is there a way to change the light color emitted by the parameters "emits_bright_light" and "emits_low_light"? (I use a yellow tinge to represent flame-light from things like torches and bonfires) I have been using a tint color for aura to simulate emitting colored light, but the problem is that auras are not blocked by dynamic lighting walls, so colored auras project through walls. Thanks in advance.
Emitted light does not currently have a 'color' that can be changed. Nightvision (darkvision) has a setting for adjusting the color so players can tell when they are 'using' darkvision instead of regular vision.  Sounds like that would be a great suggestion !  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Isn't colored light on the dev server currently, along with softened edges?
keithcurtis said: Isn't colored light on the dev server currently, along with softened edges? Looks like it is! I haven't done much with the dev server so I tend to forget when those announcements are posted. 🥴
Thanks for the replies guys.
Ray, I hope you don't mind if I hijack this thread a little. 😎 Your question reminded me of one and it is similar; dealing with tokens and lighting and such.  So, I currently have a token that is seeing in a range (not 360 all around vision) and I am using the colored tint of night vision to replicate the red of emergency lighting - it does look really cool. Now, what I would like it to do is flip the arc of vision when I flip the token. That way, the token doesn't have to be "upside down" when looking to the right. Is there a way to get the vision arc to flip with the token? Or get the vision arc to move independently of the token?  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It could be done with a specialized script, but I think arc only follows rotation, not flipping.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you're using a script to flip it already, you could flip the night vision with: !token-mod --set limit_field_of_night_vision_center|+180
Randall T. said: Ray, I hope you don't mind if I hijack this thread a little. No at all, I'm always looking for the possibility of learning something more  :)