Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PC/NPC token problems

Hi all, I have a session on Friday and have recently upped my account to Plus so I can access Dynamic Lighting.  I am now having problems testing the lighting itself with a PC/NPC token on the map, not being able to click on it, move it, or access it. Can even delete it. It had been okay, I was able to amend it's vision, played around with all that, but now I can't use it, or see it when I re-join as a player.

Edited 1626868206
Just an update... Deleted the token, placed back on the map, made necessary changes, turned on dynamic lighting, same issue occurred. The token seems to become part of the map & background...
Which layer are you on? Are you switching layers at any point?  Are you able to control the token as GM, but not once logged in as a player? Then the issue is you have not set control of the token to yourself as a player   I would suggest using a Dummy Account instead of the ‘rejoin as player’ feature, as it will be much easier to test things out and get a true player view of the game. 
That's a good idea about the dummy account, I'll do that. To be honest, I have no idea about the layers - It may be a user issue (i.e. me!), just finding my way around the map. Strange, I've GM'd a fair few sessions here when I was on a Free account, & haven't had this issue before turning Pro today!
Yes, it was me! I got all messed up with the dynamic lighting, layers... all on me! Thank you for the assistance, Jarren (that dummy account idea helped tremendously).