Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

area of effect and powercard api

i'm trying to have powercard activate the aoe api but cant seem to get it to work here's the card i have written any ideas would be appreciated  !power {{  --emote|@{selected|token_name} lights a fire under @{target|token_name}  --name|bonfire  --rightsub|cantrip  --leftsub|5 ft  --Damage|anyone in it takes 2d8 fire damage  --api_aoe_spellfx @{selected|token_id} _Spell|bonfire_Size|2.5 }} i have also tryed a veriaty of different permutations of it?  thoughts?
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Rick F. said: i'm trying to have powercard activate the aoe api but cant seem to get it to work here's the card i have written any ideas would be appreciated  !power {{  --emote|@{selected|token_name} lights a fire under @{target|token_name}  --name|bonfire  --rightsub|cantrip  --leftsub|5 ft  --Damage|anyone in it takes 2d8 fire damage  --api_aoe_spellfx @{selected|token_id} _Spell|bonfire_Size|2.5 }} i have also tryed a veriaty of different permutations of it?  thoughts? I'm not familiar with aoe_spellfx, but you need to separate the API call from the parameters with a vertical bar: --api_aoe_spellfx | @{selected|token_id} _Spell|bonfire_Size|2.5
i got it to work but the only way i could was as a seperate command same with token mod for some reason also the fx line never fires for me don't know why but heres what it looks like if you have any ideas on how to intergrate them that would be awsome,  the spell is for spirit guardian !power {{   --emote|@{selected|token_name} casts Spirit Guardian   --name|Spirit Guardian   --rightsub|15 ft radius   --leftsub|a spirit appears   --aura of light surrounds you   --vfx_opt|@{selected|token_id} explode-holy }} !areasOfEffectApplyEffectAtToken @{selected|token_id} spirit guardian_17.5 !concentration