Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help request with adding a sheet to the community.

Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
I've put together a sheet for the Dragon Prince: Tales of Xadia and have gotten stuck in Pull Request: "dragon-prince-fanmade #9272" I'm getting the error "Character Sheet Validation — There was an error with the validation check." but that doesn't help me track down the error -- I've been running this without errors in both the Custom Sheet Sandbox and on a private game page. Is there someone who can help me publish this?  Frankly I don't know if the problem is a code problem or something to do with how I'm using GitHub. Thanks! Senjak

Edited 1627249093
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
That's normal for pull request for new character sheets, just let it be, and wait for human review(likely Monday/Tuesday). Take a look at the other open PRs for new char sheets. Edit: or it might be this thing I mentioned
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll give that a try and see if that fixes it!  Thanks!
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Not so much luck, and I just ended up more confused.  I'll wait out human intervention as I suspect suspect that a big part of the problem lies between my keyboard and my chair.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Andreas J. said: That's normal for pull request for new character sheets, just let it be, and wait for human review(likely Monday/Tuesday). If you take a look at the failed checks message, it says it fails bc it's not added to some approved-file, but as this is your initial submission, that will happen after some human from Roll20 have reviewed the new sheet. And yes, I agree their bots/automation could be more clear about nothing actually being wrong with new sheet submissions. You have current open two PRs for your new sheet for some reason, you could close one of them. It seems there are differenced between them, one of them have correctly only one "instructions" section in the sheet.json, but the other doesn't If/when the sheet gets approved, it will take maybe some hour before the sheet appear in the normal dropdown
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you for your kind suggestions.  I ended up closing *both* of the existing PRs, as late last night I discovered a subtle error that wouldn't impact play but would impact a macro I wrote to aid game masters.  After I copied the repaired data from my working repository I made a new PR that hopefully will correctly cover everything. I wonder how many other people are in the same boat as I am, although this is just the second sheet I'm going through the process to publish, this is the somewhere above 20th sheet that I've written and am using in my personal space. But that is a discussion for another time and place.  I'm quite thankful for your assistance sorting this out. Thanks! Senjak