Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Query which iterative attack your macro is on?

Edited 1625981480
Hi! I'm trying to add Furious Focus + Power Attack to my attacks using the "Add-to-roll" macros, I have four attacks in my iterations which cover a wide range of possibilities, for example: Attack 1 (Full BAB) Attack 2 (BAB - 2) Attack 3 (Full BAB, when hasted) Attack 4 (Full BAB, cleave attack) The macro I currently have is: -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] And I was wondering, as I intend to basically use Power Attack all the time, combined with Furious Focus, within this macro is there a way to detect which attack iteration I'm on? So rather than having ?{Power Attack?} it could instead go like... ?{Iteration 1}. Currently, doing the "Power Attack" query applies the penalties and bonuses to all iterations, and I only want to apply it to *some*.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There isn't a method to change each iterative other than editing their individual attack penalty and/or modifying the iterative's macro-text directly.  ;-( You can modify the primary attack's macro-text by editing the {{attack}} and {{crit_confirm}} keys of the roll.  To see the macro-text fields you may need to check (settings>sheet configuration>advanced>Display roll templates for customization).  I normally enable all the advanced options... On the primary attack, expand the macro-text field and edit (might be easier to copy out to a basic text editor, update and copy back to the field) Basically you want to update the attack and crit_confirm portion of the roll to look like;  fyi: bolded/italicized the edits below for clarity.  {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + @{attack_macro} + [[ ?{Furious Focus Power Attack: First attack?|yes,1|no,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] [Focus] ]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{damage_macro}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ ?{Furious Focus Power Attack: First attack?|yes,1|no,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] [Focus] + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} The new macro-text should like something like; &{template:pf_attack} @{toggle_attack_accessible} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + @{attack_macro} + [[ ?{Furious Focus Power Attack: First attack?|yes,1|no,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] [Focus] ]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{damage_macro}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ ?{Furious Focus Power Attack: First attack?|yes,1|no,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] [Focus] + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{weapon_notes=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} {{vs=@{vs}}} {{vs@{vs}=@{vs}}} {{precision_dmg1=@{precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg1_type=@{precision_dmg_type}}} {{precision_dmg2=@{global_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg2_type=@{global_precision_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg1=@{critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg1_type=@{critical_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg2=@{global_critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg2_type=@{global_critical_dmg_type}}} {{attack1name=@{iterative_attack1_name}}} The macro may look different if you have made similar edits and/or are using the PFC companion script(pro perk). Hope this helps.
Hi Vince. I ended up doing something pretty much along the lines of what you've described. Thanks for your help though! Since this post, I've been macro-ing up a bunch of stuff for me and my party haha.