Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens have turned semi-transparent

When I drag a token onto the map, it is appearing semi-transparent.  Never had this problem before.  Any ideas what I might have messed up?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to get the dumb question out of the way...  Are you on the gm layer, by chance?
Nope, Im on the token layer.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You may be on the token layer but it is worth checking what layer the token appears on, if it was on the GM layer when set as the default it will appear on that layer when added to the VTT which would result in the behaviour you are seeing.
Problem solved, and the cause was my stupidity.  I'll embarrass myself and explain it, just in case it saves someone else time later. These were all monster and npc token that did not shed light.  I was plunking them down in room that were "hidden" with dynamic lighting.  That's why they appeared partially transparent.  When I plopped a token with light in with them---presto, fully opaque!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No stupidity involved (a DMs life is a hard one, filled with trip wires like this) but thanks for the explanation, I'm sure it will help others who may come across this thread with the same issue.