Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pause!

There should be an option to permit a DM/GM/Keeper to pause a game so players don't go flying around the map.
Use the TokenLock API to stop players moving their tokens.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ray said: Use the TokenLock API to stop players moving their tokens. That's a Pro only feature (API), unfortunately...

Edited 1627755553
Thanks for the reply anyhow, both. Sadly on  Foundry  they offer this pause option without a Pro or Plus subscription. I prefer setting my sessions here, but this is unfortunate for the GM/keepers. Pausing a game so players can't run amok/go off on their own just to check out an area on a map should be a basic requirement.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I guess I see this is a social problem.  I expect people to be able to cooperate a bit.  I simply don't play with people I have to lock out of their tokens/characters.  If I am worried about this sort of thing between sessions, then I just move the ribbon to a world or regional map page. If you do play with people that can't control themselves, then I can certainly see the appeal.

Edited 1627762806
Thank you Kraynic, I do appreciate your reply. I'll copy & paste your response in to let them see the difference. By the way, this is not between sessions, it is in a session.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .