Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add ability to all characters

I know you can use certain APIs to add attributes to characters, but is there a way to add abilities to all characters? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If it's the same text, just make a macro in the collections tab, click "Token Action Button" and set permissions to all players. It's a token action button and not exactly an ability, but it may be close enough to what you need. There are some APIs like Token Action Maker that can create abilities. What exactly are you aiming to accomplish?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
And if it doesn't work as a Token Action (for instance, you need differentiated input, or can't use "selected" calls), then you can use SelectManager's forselected handle and iterate over tokens, calling an InsertArg command to write an ability using Fetch to insert character-specific component info. For each token, the API would be grabbing the source ability text and replacing the hooks with character specific stuff, then moving on to the next token and repeating the process. It'd be like a meta-funk jam session.
Yeah I know those. I found what I needed with Aaron's CharUtils script. It's so I can add OnMyTurn to multiple characters fast. Token Actions don't activate OnMyTurn unless they are an actual ability on the character sheet. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, yes, with that bit of info, that does make those suggestions unhelpful.