Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about Token Size for correct size of token

Roll20, I am trying to adjust the Token Size attribute of a token to reflect a 10x10 size token but it seems to max out at 4. I realize that I can manually resize a token once I drag it onto the screen but is there a way to size a token to this size automatically? Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you describe the steps you are taking so someone can try to reproduce it? Are you using a script? I can set a token to 10x10 and save it as the default token, and it will place as 10x10 when I drag it out.
Hey Keithcurtis, Under NPC Options on the Character Sheet, there is a field labeled "Token Size". This seems to do nothing.  Next I tried to simply saving a token that I had enlarged to 10x10 but when I then when I drag the token onto the screen, it becomes, at most, 5x5. I was wondering if there was a way to size a token 10x10 or another larger than size 5x5, without having to manually enlarge it after dragging it onto the screen. Thanks 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Make sure that you are setting it up and saving it on a page where the page setting for Cell Size is 1. If the Cell Size is any other value, it will scale improperly when pulled out. AFAIK, the Token Size field is only used by the Compendium and probably shouldn't even be user-facing. Ignore it. I'd suggest this workflow: Use a page whose cell size is 1 (under the page settings) Set up the token as desired, including manually re-sizing to the desired size. Open the Character Journal and press the Edit button up top Delete any existing token on the sheet, make sure the new token is selected, and press Use Selected Token Save the sheet. The token should come out of your journal at the proper size, and scaled properly to maps that have a different cell size (common on 1 square = 10 foot maps)
Thank you Keithcurtis I was attempting this on pages where the cell size was less than 1. Maybe that was my issue.  Works perfectly now. Thanks again!