Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Archival Copy

Edited 1629339631
I was looking at some new animated tokens but it says that it's only usable with roll20.  Thats fine, but I want to still store a copy of it.  How can I acheive this?  This is in the event the content would be removed from the website due to a unforseen circumstance. Or does roll20 have a policy in place to give me a refund in the event that I no longer would have access to purchased materials for any reason.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hard to say without more details. Some Marketplace packs can be downloaded, some can't. Most things that are placed on the VTT can be previewed with the Z-key, right-clicked and downloaded. Some things can't be entirely downloaded because they only exist within the context of Roll20, such as a map with Dynamic Lighting pre-set.
What if my account was banned would I not have access to material purchased?  What if artist is removed from site with all their content do we lose access?   I just want a means to download what I purchase in the event it's lost.   I'm not to concerned about dynamic lighting.  I can recreate If necessary.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Banning generally means banned from posting on the site.From the Code of Conduct : A suspension is a temporary restriction from the public areas of Roll20. A ban is a permanent restriction from the public areas of Roll20. This does not prevent access to one's games, game forums, uploaded or purchased material, or viewership of the Roll20 site. A suspended or banned user will be prohibited from participating in the following activities for the duration of the suspension or ban: Post a new thread  or reply to any existing threads  on the public forums Participate in the Looking For Group system Send private messages It doesn't mean being unable to access your purchased materials. If an artist and their work were removed from the site, I'm sure you would have cause to request a refund from Roll20. Most packs are downloadable if you want an archival copy. The few that aren't are usually modules or adventures that don't have any value outside of a Roll20 environment. The data on a monster for instance. The few graphics you cannot download from the Marketplace page are usually downloadable through a preview and right-click save once they are placed. (less efficient, of course, but still doable.)