Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

the game New World Rising

How do I place my game in the compendium?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
<a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042599794-Compendium-for-Publishers#page-title" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042599794-Compendium-for-Publishers#page-title</a> I'm not sure what else may be required beyond the OGL mentioned in that article, but this is the sort of thing that wouldn't be handled on the forums, but directly between you and Roll20.

Edited 1629505693
My game does not use Class, it does not use lowered level of type of monsters or encounters to the characters. Though you might have to fight a Ginn (dragon) the percentage to hit will more than likely be around what the best character in your party has for percentage points to roll under to hit. ( roll a die six x 10 to 25% then multiply that to 'get' the percentage the NPC or Monster is at. If someone in your party is 457% to hit, (45 and under is a critical), then the encounter would be 100% times a d6. Most of the time it works out that your encounters are 12-18% better than you in total percentage-but the gang up always works on encounters with the whole party of relatively 14 year olds versus the encounter ). So even though a Ginn is very formidable you can take them out through percentage! Doing this in armor class D&amp;D is impossible you can't win versus a dragon! There is a parry for every weapon and every character can parry an attack. (Anyone in a fist fight can block their opponent's swing, this is taught in every Karate class across the globe, and in every boxing ring in America). The structure of the code examples appears to be D&amp;D ONLY design and I want to avoid using D&amp;D system. ( I am a fledgling Metallurgical engineer but am a master welder and toolmaker machinist so I know metallurgy because it was part of my job. I know that metal will absorb damage before it actually is damaged, so my armor weapon and combat system reflects this). I have taken Karate and have also taken Japanese fencing as well as European fencing, I found out the weapons have a beginning ability to be used as in the way they are learned, this is a percentage of the weapon. I had a low familiarity with the weapons Rapier and Katana the first times i used them. But with practice - (experience) i got better, the basic starting percentages of any weapon reflects this. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ For instance I gauge that a character uses armor choice first to see which additions to DEX and AGL there are to use weapons. I will put up one of my weapons in the lists to show this: armor is bronze mail number 11 weighs 27 pounds in ENC, + 3 DEX and +2 AGL to weapon minimum, 7 Absorption points (metal takes absorption before any actual damage goes through), 16 points of protection per area -3 to CBO, 3300 HS to buy/replace repair is one tenth the full price. ...Bronze is immune to Vorpal, code a= deflective to low tech, low velocity missiles such as a flintlock, and code b= direct hit immune One ENC point is 4 lbs. The weapon: 8 gauge flintlock 1 shot every 6 rounds (reload time) short range 10 foot scattergun shotgun, 6d10+40 damage, 26 lbs, 11 HP, 45 aim, 50 attack, needs STR 20, 17 AGL, and 25 PHY minimums, the character has 15 AGL so wearing #11 Bronze mail means they enjoy a plus 2 to AGL so they have the minimums to use the weapon. &nbsp;or the character is a Black Glove Order and wants to use a Chijiriki minimums are STR 12, DEX 12, AGL 12, Siz 10 . The Character has STR 13, DEX 9, and AGL14, plus is Siz 10 . Because #11 armor gives the character the extra DEX required for the minimums they can use this weapon. A Chijiriki has an entanglement weapon on the opposite end only Black Glove Ninja use it. Add the character's percentage points to the weapon basic for a new starting total instead of using class. Chijiki has 7 ABS and 160 HP (good to parry with because of the amount of HP it has) 30 to att and 25 to parry, special things are required to entangle . The character on the character sheet has 10 primary hand and 25 secondary hand. The character leads with the primary hand even though the weapon is a two-hander. Black Glove Order members wear gloves of pure deflection and grasping, plus allow ambidexterity, so the attack will be 10+30+experience to a total to roll under to hit, then 10+25+exp to parry a blow with it. Weapons are A,B,and C (class) this class means something totally different than D&amp;D) . &nbsp;The Chijiki is a class A weapon and can't be used properly in less than an 11 foot area, in a 10 foot wide hallway you can't use this weapon (unless special circumstances apply). Class B: not less than 9 feet, class C is anywhere. Now how would I enter all this in what appears to be a D&amp;D ONLY HTML code on this site? My system is completely and totally different than D&amp;D design. the example listed Class then type of encounter then damage then secondary damage. no CBO, no weight, No parry, type of weapon is all. My damages reflect HOW the weapon is used. The Chijiki by design is a slashing, stabbing and entangle a hit location or trip up a galloping horse twin weighted chain at the opposite end of the bladed end, on a pole. Where the heck would that go into CLASS in a D&amp;D game system design?

Edited 1629510359
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Did you read anything in the link I posted?&nbsp; Compendium content has to go through Roll20 directly.&nbsp; This isn't something that gets dealt with on the forums.&nbsp; If your game has the OGL, you need to get with Roll20 directly.&nbsp; There are even links to forms to fill out, if I remember correctly from my brief look at that article. To be honest, I don't know if you really mean compendium or if you are talking about character sheets still, and I know we have pointed you to the character sheet documentation multiple times.&nbsp; Here is the start point on the wiki once more in case you lost it:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets</a> If you are just building a character sheet to use macros to express the mechanics of your game, what does that have to do with compendiums?&nbsp; What does that have to do with D&amp;D?&nbsp; The entire point of writing a character sheet is to tailor it to your system.&nbsp; If you don't want it to be D&amp;D, then don't use the D&amp;D sheet.&nbsp; Find something that uses a closer system, write your own sheet, or set the character sheet to "None" in game details and use the Attributes &amp; Abilities tab to create attributes and write ability macros that use them.&nbsp; That is after all the original character sheet on Roll20, and is totally system agnostic. Edit:&nbsp; I should probably say that my preferred game has been out of print for 25 years and didn't have a sheet here, so I eventually decided to create one.&nbsp; That system uses parries, dodges, percentile based skills, etc.&nbsp; The sheet includes toggle buttons to turn on and off mounted combat bonuses.&nbsp; A sheet for a different game by the same publisher has buttons that allow you to change your style of combat (like the martial arts movies where someone would completely change to a different style in a fight using moves exclusive the style they are currently using), and affecting all rolls on the sheet that interact with any hand to hand related bonuses at all. I had a fair amount of help getting that sort of thing to work, because coding isn't at all part of my daily life. Everything you are talking about sounds easily possible with character sheets.&nbsp; You just need to get going and get it created.&nbsp; Grab a pro subscription for access to the custom sheet sandbox, read the character sheet building info on the wiki, and start creating your sheet.

Edited 1629577145
Well THAT roughly nearly to the end answered my original question! Thank you! The example you just stated I did not find that were presented in the article you linked. Nowhere did I find it say None can be the character sheet designed. In fact this is correct there are no games like mine, this is NOT OGL. I have nothing that is WotC, so OGL can't apply. &nbsp;I will need to create a New World Rising Open Play License , listing MY copyright so that developers can create modules or use my content in their games. OGL is copyright of WotC.

Edited 1629577797
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok.&nbsp; Either way, the licensing stuff isn't going to be handled on the forums.&nbsp; You need to talk to Roll20 directly and the way to do that is listed in the link I gave you.&nbsp; Basically, if you are talking about licensing, you are wasting your time here.&nbsp; Contact Roll20 direct. And if you are talking about just making a sheet, then that info has been given you multiple times.&nbsp; You just need to actually start doing something instead of posting about it on the forums. Edit:&nbsp; Once you have started creating a sheet, this is certainly the place to post if you are having trouble integrating game mechanics into the character sheet.&nbsp; Well, I guess that would actually be the character sheet forum.
"Edit: " yes this will be the area I will need some insight advice for. it is very complex so that players and ref are not bogged down by game mechanics in situations, I put all the hard stuff in the game mechanics. The time is clicking sooner, I get a fixed income payment in a few days - can't wait! :) Thanks for your patience by the way.