Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Page Settings, Grid Type, Hex Grid: H = Vertical, V = Horizontal?

It never really struck me before this openly, but setting the Grid Type to Hex(H) sets up a vertical hex grid, and Grid Type Hex(V) sets up a horizontal hex grid. Please change the letters so that it fits. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I agree, but it seems like the intent is to describe the hex itself, not the row. Intuitively, it should refer to rows or columns. As I said in one of your other threads on page settings, the best recourse is to file a  Help Center Request  and create a ticket. I think this one has less hope that the "units" problem, since it has been this way since the beginning. :(
I suspect it's universally counterintuitive.  ProFantasy's Campaign Cartographer does exactly the same thing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ha! I guess it's intuitive for some folks! :D