Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Drag-Drop not working

I'm using 5e by Roll20 sheet, and neither I nor my player can drag basic equipment (quarterstaff, sling, ammunition) onto her sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is the sheet popped out into its own window, perhaps? Drag and drop works only on an engaged (internal) window, not across browser windows. If this is not the case, is it only this character that has the issue? Possibility: Does the character's name field have any "control" characters? quotes, brackets, symbols, etc.
The sheet was not popped out for me (not sure what my player tried). I tried on both Chrome and Edge, so that might have something to do with it. No special characters in the character name. Issue existed last week as well as last night (didn't check between). I have not tried other characters or other games yet.
Successfully drag-dropped a Sling into a sheet in a different game with special characters (parentheses and apostrophe) in the name, using Edge. So it's either an issue with that game or that character. I'll test more later.

Edited 1633811188
I'm having the same problem. It only seems to be affecting a specific character, and copies of that character. I believe my player (I am the GM) is encountering the same problem on her system with that character. The character's name has no special characters. It's using the standard Roll20 5e character sheet. I get the problem in both Chrome and Firefox (both up to date, and Chrome has had its cache cleared with no extensions/addons enabled). The character sheet is not popped out and the "accepting drop from the compendium" box does appear, but when I release the mouse button that box goes away and the item is not added to the character sheet. Here's the end of the chrome console log. (I've submitted a help request with the full console log): app.js?1633447255:611 Foudn a pre-defined key order! app.js?1633447255:621 Drop handled, returning... 2DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for <a href="https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/underscore-min.map" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/js/d20/underscore-min.map</a> : Fetch through target failed: Target not supported; Fallback: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE Update: &nbsp;I've discovered an apparent fix! I tried dragging a spell from the compendium to the character sheet and that worked. Following that, I was able to successfully drag and drop items to the character sheet as well. I was able to reproduce the bug and its fix with a copy of the character as well.
Odd. Not sure why dragging a spell would fix the problem. Thanks for sharing your experience though! I had a copy of the problem character from prior to the problem (so I could check their sheet without disrupting them), so I was able to drag what I needed onto the copy and make a copy of that for her to use.