Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

is it possible to insert linebreaks in a rollable button with the character sheets?

for example, i want one button to send two lines of text to chat. /em @{character_name} rolls against his swimming skill /w gm [[3d6]] vs [[@{swimming}]] (note: the api at this point picks up the whispered roll, calculates the difference and prints the response of success by [xx], or failure by [xx]) now, the problem being that i can't figure out if that is possible to translate into a single rollable macro in the character sheet... anyone know if its possible?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, look up the HTML friendly line break code on Google. Put that between your lines in your sheet button.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
value="/em @{character_name} rolls against his swimming skill\n/w gm [[3d6]] vs [[@{swimming}]]" "\n" is the newline character.
yea, works fine for API and sendchat. does not work in a macro,either from the character sheet or directly. the only workaround i have found so far is a blank macro with one line return called line and putting that in. (ie /w gm [[3d6]] vs [[@{swimming}]] #line @{character_name} rolls against his swimming skill) that processes the first line as a whisper, and allows the second line (created from the linebreak) to print normally, but you can't send a second whisper or an emote, it will just print the /w or the /em. I would LIKE to be able to make the roll as a whisper, and print the characters action description as an emote.

Edited 1406236675
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
You can use the code found here: <a href="http://css-tricks.com/snippets/html/button-with-li" rel="nofollow">http://css-tricks.com/snippets/html/button-with-li</a>... It's how I made the Pathfinder buttons multi-lined. It looks like this. &amp;#x00A;
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not sure what you're talking about, Michael. Here's the value of the "Join Battle" button on my Exalted 2e sheet: /me joins the fight\n/r (@{Wits}+@{Awareness}*(1-@{Awareness|max})+?{Stunt or Specialty|0})t[exalted] &{tracker} And here's a screenshot: