Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for API Script for Managing Conditions

Hi, all. In the interest of time/effort (go figure) I'm looking for opinions as to "the best" API script to use for adding and managing conditions applied to characters in a fantasy setting (BF). Links appreciated. Thanks!
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I use and recommend TokenMod to start with. I've got a macro for every 13th Age condition and they appear as a row of button at the bottom of my screen, so I just select tokens and click the button. Easy! There are options to add timers to the Tracker, etc., but I haven't needed them. 13th Age doesn't work that way.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Apart from TokenMod , for making macros to quickly apply/remove condition markers, you might wanna check out CombatMaster , which can track conditions & their duration, and other automation. Both exists in the API menu.
Thanks! I really like token-mod. Anyone have some good examples of how to use it for creating and removing conditions? For example, as a toggle, entering duration, adding duration to the turn order tracker, outputing descriptive text, etc? Again, I could figure out something that will work (more-or-less) but learn best by reviewing examples.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's the macro I use for Dead monsters (0 HP or less): !token-mod {{ --set statusmarkers|!dead }} /em @{selected|token_name} is defeated! Here's the macro I use for Dying player characters (0 HP or less): !token-mod {{ --set statusmarkers|!Dying::243507:3 }} /em @{selected|token_name} is down!
I use tokenmod for a nice macro and I use combatmaster purely for the helper info for each condition when they get applied, I mute everything else about the API.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DM Eddie said: I use tokenmod for a nice macro and I use combatmaster purely for the helper info for each condition when they get applied, I mute everything else about the API.   Same here. I really don't need a combat manager, but the conditions feature is very nice.
Yes, that's basically what I did with the script. It's a chat menu for toggling the statuses and such in a more game-context friendly manner. Thanks.