Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help - token settings not saved.

Each time i drag existing character tokens onto a new map I have to reset the character associated to that token, it’s health bars and it’s dynamic lighting set up. Why? There MUST be a way to have the dragged token have the same settings every time! W hat am I missing? Help please. 
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yep, you just have to save as a new default token for the character. With the token selected, open the character sheet, click Edit, then mouse over the Default Token section to reveal the "Remove" link. Click that, then click "Use selected token" when it is available.
Thanks I’ll give it a try. But that’s utterly counter intuitive when there’s a button right there that says “save settings”!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, it saves the settings for that instance of the token, but doesn't apply it to the default token  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This truly is a feature and not a bug, since it allows a many-to-one relationship between tokens and a character sheet. Essential for 20 goblins who all have different names and hit point totals, for one example. Here are some resources for setting up tokens: Here is the wiki article on Linking Tokens to Journals Here is a video which demos the procedure