Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Doors

Is there a way we create a simple function for players to open doors?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, with the Pro Subscription, you could use the Door Knocker api script. 

Edited 1631747687
Is there no way for this to be a default action that players could have access too?    LIke I have API access but sometimes I find them to complicated to use and end up scraping the script cause I don't want the headache for something that I wish was simpler.  Like if I right click a dynamic lighting line and select something like "Give players access to toggle on and off" as the Game Master. Then a player would just click it themselfs to toggle that particular dynamic lighting line on and off.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Players have no access to the dynamic lighting layer, so they couldn't get to the line to toggle it anyway. At this point, something on one layer has no effect on something on another layer.  Until there is something like that available as part of the vtt, only the GM will have access to (and control over) things on any layer other than the object/token layer.  The only way around that is to use the api. Door Knocker is pretty simple, especially if all you are using it for is to open and close doors. Just add a token action macro that is visible to everyone and they can toggle doors open or closed.  If you always use a specific color to make doors like I do, it just takes one command for the api to recognize that color as which lines it can control.  It has built in default colors, but they are easily changed, so you don't need to redo any doors unless you have used multiple colors.
Kraynic said: Door Knocker is pretty simple, especially if all you are using it for is to open and close doors. Just add a token action macro that is visible to everyone and they can toggle doors open or closed.  If you always use a specific color to make doors like I do, it just takes one command for the api to recognize that color as which lines it can control.  It has built in default colors, but they are easily changed, so you don't need to redo any doors unless you have used multiple colors. I would second this -Door Knocker is one of the easiest scripts I have used.  You can have it up and running in about five minutes of setup. -Adam
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .