Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Select with @{target} ?

I am a GM trying to make a macro for me to target each token in the screen and add them into the turn tracker. So far I have been able to roll the correct rolls based on the stats of each character, but &{tracker} does not let me add them into the tracker unless I have them selected. If someone has solved this before, could they please help me? I'd prefer it if the answer came by next week (when my game starts).
What is the full macro you are using right now?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Are scripts available? Because SelectManager can let you select the targeted token: {& select @{target|token_id}} Or it will let you select multiple tokens and then iterate a command for each of them using the forselected handle: !forselected(^) ... &^{tracker}
@Jarren Oops! I forgot to post it in the comments. /gr 1d20+@{target|initiative_bonus}&{tracker} is what I have as of right now. @timmauh you might have solved the problem by putting &{tracker |@{target|token_id} } at the end. Testing now!
Joshua K. said: ...by putting &{tracker|@{target|token_id}} Testing now! Well, I tested the idea and I was wrong. It doesn't give me any error when I run the macro.
and to answer your question tim, I don't have scripts because I can't afford it/it's not worth it (this is my first game im dming)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You either need to select tokens, or supply their names in the macro, so I don't think there's a way to do what you want without using an API script.

Edited 1631791108
VTTES allows for some nice adaptations to initiative, one of which is to allow bulk macros. Set up a macro for initiative in your game, drag a selection box around the tokens you want initiative for, R click and select bulk macro and then the macro you want. Done.  Sounds like a lot, but once the macro is made it ishould be a R Click and two mouse clicks. Don't use it personally as my players love watching the rolls come in individually and using it as an opportunity to throw some banter "I can't believe you rolled that low again, was your character having ANOTHER comfort break?  I mean, you do know it's a D20 you roll, right?"
Thanks for the help! I would get scripts and use them, but I don't think that it's worth it for me who is only going to dm one game for a while.
Unfortunately the &{tracker} always pulls from the selected token -- even if you have an @{target} command, it'll still add the name of the token that is selected. If you are using the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet, you can also just use this macro to roll initiative and add the result to the turn tracker:  %{selected|npc_init} That does the exact same thing as opening the character sheet and clicking on the initiative button. You still have to click on each token to have it selected, and you have to do it individually (you can't select multiple tokens -- it'll only roll for the first selected token).  But you can create a Compendium Macro and check the 'Show as Token Action' checkbox so it'll appear for any token when it's selected.
Simon G. said: VTTES allows for some nice adaptations to initiative, one of which is to allow bulk macros. Set up a macro for initiative in your game, drag a selection box around the tokens you want initiative for, R click and select bulk macro and then the macro you want. Done.  Sounds like a lot, but once the macro is made it ishould be a R Click and two mouse clicks. Don't use it personally as my players love watching the rolls come in individually and using it as an opportunity to throw some banter "I can't believe you rolled that low again, was your character having ANOTHER comfort break?  I mean, you do know it's a D20 you roll, right?" Ewwwwww vttes.  No thanks, pay a few bucks more and keep your malware security intact.  
Hi Eddie, I checked out the PRO vs PLUS thing when I u/g from free and can't remember anything that would bring the token management stuff I'm talking about, unless I missed something?  My suggestion was that an add-on from my fave browser's site that has a shed load of positive reviews over a substantial period of time could do what the OP was asking.  Dropping Jarren's example in to a new macro on the collections tab takes no more than a few seconds, name it and away you go rejoicing.  Next time you play you can select a group of tokens, click 3 times and up would pop the turn tracker all populated with the various initiatives.  DM has less admin to do and can spend those saved moments embellshing the adventure and making Roll20 and gaming the positive experience we all want it to be.