Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Old World HD - Terrain 1 is now up

Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Hey gang! Old World HD - Terrain 1 is now up on the marketplace!&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/12482/old-world-hd-terrain-1" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/12482/old-world-hd-terrain-1</a> Submitted with the larger size mountains, as a thank you to our many Old World Style fans, we have also included multiple tileset sheets of mountains and mountain passes in the 140x140 ratio size so you can expand your original Old World sets even more! Great to use with Tiled and import the final resulting maps and overlays into your library on Roll20. Check out our creator page for more details! Happy Mapping!
Gold
Forum Champion
awesome in "HD" meaning larger sized map elements. Love this!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Gold! As always, we are open to suggestions where people want to go next! Personally, Im thinking docks &amp; warehouses...
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Your assets look like they might fit well into Inkarnate. Have you ever tried to import them into a Fantasy Regional Map? Or has anyone and you've seen examples? I'd really like to have a bit more variety in the assets there.

Edited 1631805925
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
I've not tried Inkarnate yet, but will give it a look to see. I've traditionally used Tiled to build maps, but examples of the assets used have been done using several programs. I'll check out Inkarnate this evening! Thanks Elemental Flame :) EDITED: 10:22 a.m. CST: I checked out Inkarnate and it appears that you can import artwork to your library files for map creation. Haven't tried it yet, but was reading that they have added this feature. However, Old World Style pieces purchased would be under the EULA agreement, so maps made would be for personal use only. Commercial use (resale) of imported artwork would need to contact original creators for licensing agreements, commercial license, etc.&nbsp;
Gold
Forum Champion
I myself need to try the recommended app: Tiled. So far I usually just layer-up drag-and-drop directly within Roll20 from Art Library &gt; Marketplace Purchases. This is very convenient. I guess the advantage of using Tiled is putting dozens-to-hundreds of Old World assets onto 1 map and flattening it all to be 1 image, that could be a resource-saver on bandwidth (maybe negligible compared to AWS served images?). Maybe also a faster and more powerful/flexible way to use these art assets?

Edited 1631849690
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Pretty sure at this point there's&nbsp; approx. 3000 different OWS element assets between all the sets. I included the tilesheets to hopefully make it easier for people to use in programs like Tiled, as well as the individual library assets to use in Roll20. Yes, the advantage of creating the map in Tiled, and then importing either whole maps, or overlays I thought would make it lighter to run a game.&nbsp; If you look at our creator page, there is a link to our YouTube channel with numerous tutorials on using Tiled (Look under the playlist "Mapping With Tiled, baby steps"), and how to save and export maps and overlays to bring in to your library like here on Roll20.&nbsp; So like here, the map terrain can be exported out as one layer, the towns and locations as an overlay, and the banners could even be a separate overlay as well.&nbsp;