Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding output of specific token actions

Hey Folks, I've a token action script on a map in a settlement.   The concept is that as the party approaches a settlement they can talk to the local guards and find out a bit about the town.   When they interact a token action unlocks the folder with settlement details and displays a bit about the town.   This is all working nicely but I want to suppress any output from the permit-folder call, as it posts in the chat about the folder being opened up to the players.  I've tried wrapping this with talk-to-self and whispering but that didn't work, or I'm doing something wrong.    Any advice on how to suppress anything from the first command being relayed in the chat, but allowing the second to be displayed would be greatly appreciated. !permit-folder --view --@{selected|bar2|max} --all &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{[image](@{selected|bar1})}} {{@{selected|bar2}}} {{[(Click to Learn More)](@{selected|bar3})}} Thanks Wick
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll need to check the documentation for the permit-folder script. That is what is controlling the notifications. It might not have been programmed to suppress those messages - if so, the only way to block them is to edit the script.
Thanks GiGs!  That was exactly what I needed.   The permit-folder code was whipsering to the player who unlocked, one quick change to whisper to the DM was all that was needed in the end.  
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great!