Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What exactly happens when someone is kicked from a game?

So basically I've noticed that when someone from a game is kicked, a new link to invite someone else is created. Question now is what changes for players that were already in the game? Would I have to invite them again with the new link? Some clarification on this would be nice!  Thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Kicking a player causes a new join link to be generated and the old join link to become invalid, as you've surmised. It won't have any effect on players still in the Game. 
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I can vouch for this working as The Aaron says. I've kicked inactive players from my 13th Age campaign with no effect on the active players at all.  I suggest making a backup of your game first, just for peace of mind. 
NikeLife said: So basically I've noticed that when someone from a game is kicked, a new link to invite someone else is created. Question now is what changes for players that were already in the game? Would I have to invite them again with the new link? Some clarification on this would be nice!  Thanks in advance! Also, if you kick someone from the game mid-session, everyone's tabletop will refresh automatically.