Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Power Cards: Spell Attacks Outputting Code Instead of Character/NPC Names

Whenever I cast a spell, attack or non-attack, the power card reads like this: Also, I must have an FX API running. All it does is cause a burst of fire around the casting token. Harmless and amusing as it may be, it is linked with the above issue: they both happen when a spell is cast. Appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to list the APIS I'm running currently, or whatever. Thanks
Can we see the powercards code?
This is an excerpt taken from the PCMH handout. I am guessing this is where the problem lays, but I am stabbing at the dark here. If this is not the code you requested, please let me know and I will commence digging. SpellCast: --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-ATTACK$' -ne 'None']Attack:|[#[ [$Atk] ~0! + ~S-SAB$ [Spell Attack] ]#] vs **AC** [#[~T-AC$]#] --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-ATTACK$' -eq 'None']hroll|[#[ [$Atk] 1d10 + 500 ]#] vs **AC** [#[~T-AC$]#] --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK']?? $Atk < ~T-AC$ ?? !Missed|**You missed!** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-DAMAGE$' -ne '' -and '~SP-DAMAGE2$' -eq '']?? $Atk >= ~T-AC$ AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Hit:|[#[ [$Dmg] (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Base] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HigherLevel] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE$ damage --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-DAMAGE$' -ne '' -and '~SP-DAMAGE2$' -eq '']?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[#[ [$Dmg] (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Base] + (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Crit] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HigherLevel] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HLCrit] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE$ Damage --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-DAMAGE$' -ne '' -and '~SP-DAMAGE2$' -ne '']?? $Atk >= ~T-AC$ AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Hit:|[#[ [$Dmg] (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Base] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HigherLevel] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE$ damage and [#[ [$Dmg2] (~SP-DAMAGE2$) [Base] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE2$ damage --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-DAMAGE$' -ne '' -and '~SP-DAMAGE2$' -ne '']?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[#[ [$Dmg] (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Base] + (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Crit] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HigherLevel] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HLCrit] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE$ Damage and [#[ [$Dmg2] (~SP-DAMAGE2$) [Base] (~SP-DAMAGE2$) [Crit] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE2$ damage --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -eq 'Strength']Save|~T-CN$ rolls [[ [$Save] 1d20 + ~T-SBSTR$ ]] on a ~SP-SAVE$ save vs **DC ~S-SSDC$** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -eq 'Dexterity']Save|~T-CN$ rolls [[ [$Save] 1d20 + ~T-SBDEX$ ]] on a ~SP-SAVE$ save vs **DC ~S-SSDC$** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -eq 'Constitution']Save|~T-CN$ rolls [[ [$Save] 1d20 + ~T-SBCON$ ]] on a ~SP-SAVE$ save vs **DC ~S-SSDC$** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -eq 'Intelligence']Save|~T-CN$ rolls [[ [$Save] 1d20 + ~T-SBINT$ ]] on a ~SP-SAVE$ save vs **DC ~S-SSDC$** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -eq 'Wisdom']Save|~T-CN$ rolls [[ [$Save] 1d20 + ~T-SBWIS$ ]] on a ~SP-SAVE$ save vs **DC ~S-SSDC$** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -eq 'Charisma']Save|~T-CN$ rolls [[ [$Save] 1d20 + ~T-SBCHA$ ]] on a ~SP-SAVE$ save vs **DC ~S-SSDC$** --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -ne '']?? Save < ~S-SSDC$ ?? Save Failed|~T-CN$ takes [#[ [$Dmg] (~SP-DAMAGE$) [Base] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] ]#] ~SP-DAMAGETYPE$ damage --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-SAVE$' -ne '']?? $Save >= ~S-SSDC$ ?? Save Succeded|~T-CN$ saves for ~SP-SAVESUCCESS$ --['~SP-OUTPUT$' -eq 'ATTACK' -and '~SP-HEALING$' -ne '']Healing:|[#[ [$Heal] (~SP-HEALING$) [Base] + (~S-SAM$ * ~SP-ADDABILITY$) [Ability] + (~SP-HLDICE$*~SSL$)~SP-HLDIETYPE$~SP-HLBONUS$ [HigherLevel] ]#] --Description|~SP-DESCRIPTION$
Ok I have located the issue. It is an API causing the problem. "Custom Spellbook". I had completely forgotten about this script. Ok so I'm gonna close this up. Thanks for your time.