Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Powercards Resurrection

I know powercards is being left behind by Scriptcard so I doubt it recieves further upgrades but I was hoping someone could help with a modifier for the powercards API so it's output could be put into a custom (or even the default) template. As well as maintaining the api software doesn't fall way behind. 

Edited 1632109744
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
IIRC it's still being maintained by Kurt J. It should be possible to make the output of PowerCards look like a custom or default roll template with some work using the --format etc., commands.  Not by me, though. I'm working through my 13th Age Glorantha campaign Library game converting all the monsters to ScriptCards from PowerCards. 
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
I'll still fix bugs in PowerCards, but adding features and making major changes is likely not something I'll undertake. The internal structure of PowerCards imposes some big limitations on what can be achieved. The reliance on handouts, the inability to use Rolls as variables or in conjunction with other rolls, and the like preclude a lot of functionality. Since PowerCards and ScriptCards can run in the same game, you can continue to use existing PowerCards while creating things that require more complexity in ScriptCards. If you are reliant on PCMHelper and its macros, there is now a 5E Action Menu ScriptCard script that essentially duplicates this functionality and doesn't involve the mind-bending mess of replacement variables and templates that PCMHelper does.
I don't play 5E. I really have little interest in learning yet another system of coding. Powercards work fine overall for me, I just wished I could make them resemble the roll template I use. But oh well.  But I appreciate the advice and all that you do for the community.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
In my experience, converting from PowerCards to ScriptCards hasn't been too much trouble. Once I got the hang of the --S & --L to replace --format I got stuck in. I'm converting the monsters in my 13th Age Glorantha game one Rune at a time, currently on Chaos. As Kurt J says above, I'm leaving PowerCards in place during the conversion.