Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Epic level characters with charactermancer?

Hi there, I haven't found anything in the forums; is there a way to use the charactermancer for D&D 5e beyond level 20? I tried giving an NPC a couple million XP, but the charactermancer icon doesn't appear. Is it not possible to go beyond level 20, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!
The charactermancer follows the official rules based upon the SRD plus any official source books shared by the creator of the game.  Official D&D rules limit character levels to 20.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I expect you can go beyond 20 just fine if you manually input the updated values.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wouldn't be surprised if some math broke down if you deviated from official limits (Proficiency bonus might go haywire, for example). The XP chart doesn't account for it. The official rules just recommend granting boons once characters reach level 20 but continue to adventure.
Thanks for the answers everyone! Explains a lot, of course ;-) Older editions did have official rules for epic levels, IIRC - so there is no official source book for 5e that's doing that currently?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nothing official, no.
Okay, got it. Thanks!