Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Way to Adjust Timeout for Tumbling Dice

Just what the subject says, really. My players and I like to play with the chat column closed, and as a GM I hate to have to type in / commands all the time. So the basic die roller sees a lot of use, or would if we could keep the dice on screen longer. I'd even like the option to leave the dice up until manually reset. And while we are at it, a way to program the dice buttons for special rolls that my players are always making (mixed exploding dice for example) without having to try to explain to my non-techy players what /roll command to use. I know I could make and distribute a macro, but big obvious buttons are just better for some.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
That would be a nice little tweak to have. Put it in the settings tab for the gm to select acouple options with a check mark or a button. Give 3 or 4 timings to choose from and have it listed under the 3d dice.
Agreed. This has a big psychological effect when players can see their bonus' applied.
I have a similar issue, but mostly I can miss seeing the dice because I have a handout open in my screen during combats (usually a monster stat block), and some of the character sheet macros can really take up half the visible chat area in one click. Anything that makes it easy to see and keep track of dice, their results, and who rolled what would be a great benefit. I imagine little dice tray's by each player's avatar with little dice inside them, and they stay there until they roll their next dice, or the GM or player intentionally clears it.