Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linking to a handout from a character sheet spell field

Okay, trying to do this from the official savage worlds swade sheet, but I doubt if matters, really. Supposing that there is a handout, named Protection, and this handout had all the basic details for the protection power, including house rules, etc. Further suppose that there is a character Billy, who has the power Protection in his list of powers, which is a repeating list. Is there a way to put a link to the handout in the description field of the repeating list entry for that power, similar to how I could link from one Handout to another by encasing the name in brackets? Thanks in advance!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Is the intention for your player to be able to access that for their own information, or is it for everyone to be able to access it when the ability is used? 1) If it is for the player, then you won't be able to get a usable link in the spell field to click from a character sheet input field.  However, you can put a link to that handout on the Bio & Info tab. 2) If you want to be able to have a clickable link in chat when the ability is used, then you can do that in the description.  First, you need to create a link to that handout on the Bio & Info tab, or on another handout with the brackets just like above.  That generates a link so that you can right click the link to get the url.  Then you go into the spell description and put a button like this: [visible clickable text](url to the handout here) Now, you can delete your link on a handout or the Bio & Info tab (or maybe wait until after testing to be sure there wasn't a copy/paste error).  This won't be clickable on the character sheet, but will be clickable from chat when the ability is used, and will open the handout for anyone that clicks the link.
I think this might be what I am looking for, I will have to give it a shot. Thanks!