Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Allow dice rolls as part of ?{} queries

Score + 15
I would be great if you could do something like  ?{1d4|1,Hi|2,Bye|3,What's Up|4, Something else} The query would roll the 1d4, then return the value as if you had chosen that number from the normal query dropdown. I understand that rollable tables can be used for this, but that involved a GM creating one for every situation where it might be wanted, and having it clog up the game. The above example would allow players to do it themselves and not create many, many tables for a single player that likes to add flavor
I can think of a lot of other uses for such a feature.  +1

Edited 1632914292
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using the Roll20 5e sheet, you can leverage the mancerroll template as a workaround: &{template:mancerroll} {{title=Select Greeting}} {{c1=[[1d4]]}} {{option1=Hi}} {{option2=Bye}} {{option3=What's Up}} {{option4=Something else}}
It would be so cool if this was implemented as a feature rather than having to.macro. just like life cleric stuff