Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Force Field

Hello. I am trying to adapt DL Darkness into a force field generator. In conjunction with Door Knocker and UDL Windows I want to have the token summon the dynamic lighting in the color identified for UDL Window (in this case white or #ffffff). But even when I make the changes to the color in the DL Darkness API Code and change the key words from dldark to dlforce, the summoned Dynamic Lighting Lines are not see through.  Does this have something to do with DL Darkness being legacy lighting or is there another issue?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Windows do require that you be using UDL. However, Doorknocker's auto parsing of DL lines based on their color won't be triggered by lines that are created by other API scripts. This is a limitation of the API system which prevents script caused changes to the VTT from triggering their own change events. It's a security measure to prevent an infinite loop of changes triggering scripts and causing changes without end.
Is there a way to adapt the dldarkness script to send the dl lines via doorknocker the way it currently sends via dlcircles?