Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Posting Numbers to the screen visible to all players?

I'm making use of the Tension Pool mechanic (as so enumerated here:&nbsp; <a href="https://theangrygm.com/definitive-tension-pool/" rel="nofollow">https://theangrygm.com/definitive-tension-pool/</a>) &nbsp;and I'd like to display a running count of the number of dice in the pool to my players. I can't think of a good way to do this. Is there a script I'm not able to find that may help, or does anyone have any other ideas?

Edited 1633934051
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just an idea... make a new character named "Tension Pool", controlled by all players.&nbsp; Add a new attribute(attributes and abilities tab) named "pool".&nbsp; Create a linked token to "Tension Pool" with one of the bars linked to the "pool" attribute.&nbsp; Then create an ability macro on "Tension Pool" so that all players can roll the number of d6 based on the "pool" attribute.&nbsp; ie "/r @{tension pool|pool}d6"&nbsp; Players can selected the token and see the current pool and/or adjust it using the token radial and roll using the macro.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You might also want to create a rollable table token, with images of the numbers 1- whatever the maximum number of the pool is. Then you can flip the image to show the current number of dice, along with Vince's method to set the number in a tokenbar. This way you have a highly visible sign of the number it is at currently.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you create a token named Pool, you can add it to the Turn Order by selecting it and running: [[ 0 &amp;{tracker}]] You can then adjust it easily with: [[ ?{num} &amp;{tracker:+} ]] And you and your players can reference it in rolls with: [[ @{tracker:Pool} ]] You can set those up as Abilities on a Pool Character sheet, and make the Token Actions to have easy access to them.