Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using the all skills revised skill check macro for Pathfinder

Greetings, My apologies if this is not the right to post this. I'm trying to use the All Skills Revised macro from&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Macros#All_Skills_Macro" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Macros#All_Skills_Macro</a> &nbsp; First issue - Instead of getting pretty text and roll results for the selected skill in the chat window, I am getting the full output for every skill: Second issue, instead of it being a blank space for me to type the skill, I would like it to be a dropdown where I click on the wanted skill. I am less than a noobie with macros so I'm not sure how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kim

Edited 1634057898
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Which character sheet are you using?&nbsp; There are 4 available for Pathfinder 1E, and something written for one sheet isn't likely to work with a different one.&nbsp; I'm not sure if that macro is for use with the Pathfinder Simple, Pathfinder Legacy, or Pathfinder Community sheet.&nbsp; I'm fairly certain that the Pathfinder by Roll20 sheet doesn't have a pf_generic roll template, so the macros on that page are unlikely to work with that particular sheet if that is what you are using in your game.

Edited 1634103094
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The first All Skills macro on that wiki page was designed for the PF Community Sheet. The Revised All Skills Macro looks like it's supposed to work with the PF 1e Official by Roll20 sheet , but I think there are some "issues" with special characters being converted by the wiki.&nbsp; I've updated the wiki to show the special characters that must be used to make this particular macro function properly.&nbsp; More info on why some advanced macro with queries need character substitution here . Try copying the updated " Revised All Skills Macro " w/special characters and it should work. Cheers
test (it is eating my posts)
Hi, third times the charm I hope Thanks for your help! With the updated revised macro, I get the Acrobatics and 0 as options. selecting 0 rolls all the skills. Selecting Acrobatics and clicking submit pops up a dropdown box with the next skill and 0 as options. If I do that 5 or 6 times it rolls dice in the chat window, but for Acrobatics, not the last thing I selected. Sorry no images, but I think they were blocking my posts. Thanks for your help! Kim

Edited 1634279920
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure Kimtu.&nbsp; It works fine for me...&nbsp; (tested as a token ability macro and collection macro). Maybe verify that you copied and pasted correctly.&nbsp; Also verify the special characters are still in the macro.&nbsp; There was a time not long ago that if you opened up the macro for editing in the vtt, roll20 would convert the special characters and break the macro.&nbsp; That doesn't seem to be happening anymore, but it's worth a check. Try just pasting the macro in chat and running it with a token selected. If that works, you should be able to paste it into a macro without issue.
I redid the copy and paste. tried it as token macro and tried it in chat. unfortunately same results. I tried taking out all the CRLF but that didn't help either. Oh well, I'll just keep rolling from my sheet. Thanks for your help, I've learned a fair bit. :)