Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Tokens Not Loading

Hello. I've recently purchased several books for my compendium for a preexisting campaign and when I drag a token from the compendium and onto my map, the token fails to load in properly and leaves me with a default blue character token. I've tried refreshing the campaign, having my web browser request fresh data from the Roll20 servers, deleted my temporary internet files, logged out and logged back in, and waited for 20 minutes to see if the tokens would load in on their own as I saw suggested in a couple of other forum posts. However, when creating a new campaign, the tokens load in immediately without issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
The first time you drag a token from the compendium, the character sheet will open as it loads it into the game journal.  If you close the character sheet before it finishes loading, the token does not get uploaded and all you have left is the generic token.  If this is not the cause of your issue, I would recommend sending in a Help Center Request .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is possible that these are monsters you have previously created for your campaign. A compendium drag will not overwrite a pre-existing monster, in order to protect any homebrew or personal modifications. If you delete any instance of one of these monsters from your journal tab, a subsequent compendium drag should create the monster properly.
following... having same problem...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you verified you don't have a pre-existing sheet with the same name? Even archived? For best checking, create a new game to test in.
keithcurtis said: Have you verified you don't have a pre-existing sheet with the same name? Even archived? For best checking, create a new game to test in. Hello, sorry for the long reply to get back to you (work and life, you know). The problem, of which I am not sure what was going on, seems to have self resolved itself. I did try loading the characters from the compendium and the journal. But as I said before, it has self resolved when I was able to check on things a few minutes. Monsters from my own uploaded art and purchased asset packs loaded in fine. Maybe just a latency issue on my end?