Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Uploading images causes disconnect of internet?

Hiyo, So I have never had issues uploading files to the internet on any site, and yet when I attempt to upload (in any browser) a file greater than ~250kb, my progress bar halts at around that much data transfer and suddenly my entire connectivity is compromised. I have to disable and enable my network adapter to reconnect, but this does me little good in hosting a campaign on roll20 right now. I'd love some advice/guidance! Cheers, Cake
Cake, That's very interesting, I've never heard of that happening before. Is there a difference between uploading via drag and drop directly onto the tabletop, or uploading by opening the Image Library (the little "star" icon next to the search box when you open the art search on the right-hand side) and uploading via the Upload tab in that dialog box?
Riley, I've had no luck with drag and drop onto the tabletop and uploading with the upload dialog box also results in failure. However, I am totally able to pull images from both the marketplace and "from the web" - images that are not uploaded by me. My assumption is that this is probably an issue with my network card, but I cannot verify until I try from another PC on my connection. That said, roll20 is the only site where I have discovered this issue.
The reason I ask is that those both use two completely different methods currently to upload the images...one sends the full image to our server and one uploads the image directly to S3. So the chances of both of them causing the issue and it being something specific to our site seem slim. Might give it a try on another computer and see what you find out.
1406858034

Edited 1406858062
To close this out, I've verified it was my wireless network card as hardwiring fixes the problem immediately. Thanks for the help, Riley.