Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unresponsive Api Output Console

Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
After installing a new script (SmartAoE) I noticed a usual API crash, but I'm unable to interact with the console or the restart button. The console is blank, there is no error even after refresh. API has stopped working in that particular game, but the console behavior is present in other games with uncrashed API. Anyone is having a similar problem or has any clue about it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Others have reported. There was a API-related drag and drop issue that had the potential to bork characters, and the devs are repairing. I believe the API is down while they do this. Hopefully it won't be for much longer.

Edited 1636488660
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
EDIT - ninja'd! Thanks, Keith! EDIT 2 - thanks for checking out my new script! Though I admit had a minor heart attack seeing the name associated with devastating sandbox issues ;) EDIT 3 - it would be nice if they put a banner on the forum page to let people know what's going on... I am seeing similar behavior. It doesn't seem related to SmartAoE - I just created a new game and installed nothing but token-mod from the 1-click. Unresponsive api console.

Edited 1636489799
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh sorry! You can only be acused of creating new amazing toys to play with. I hope it won't last long, Halaster has work to do... David M. said: EDIT - ninja'd! EDIT 2 - thanks for checking out my new script! Though I admit had a minor heart attack seeing the name associated with devastating sandbox issues ;) I am seeing similar behavior. It doesn't seem related to SmartAoE - I just created a new game and installed nothing but token-mod from the 1-click. Unresponsive api console. EDIT- It works again!!!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Great, thanks for the update! Still affecting me, but I'll just wait a while longer. 
I too am seeing this on some of my test campaigns, and thought I had a corrupted them.  Also noticed the "borked" character sheet issue.  Not sure what "bork" means, but I think I can guess.  Somehow the default Roll20 OGL D&D 5e sheet got unassociated with my campaign.  Simple fix to reassign on the campaign settings page. Was also getting a strange behavior with macros being created automatically "!-������-00".  I think it is associated with an APIHeartbeat script, as one of the macros had a call to an APIHeartbeat Function in it.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The "borking" (it must be one of those slang terms you assume everyone has heard till people look at you blankly and say "huh?") is a different issue than the ones you are describing, in all likelihood. Details are in this thread .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And I still have no API...
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all- Sorry for the trouble. It looks like some of you have found success in restarting or resetting the API for you game. We don't have any errors triggering right now, and I haven't been able to replicate. If you're still experiencing an issue with an API sandbox, can you share the related game ID in this thread?
Take a look at the campaign:11867121 I still can't get the API to start on it.

Edited 1636511855
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
EDIT - NM, working now. See below. Here are my Game IDs affected: 8095004 11253278

Edited 1636511488
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Either someone fixed something somewhere or I was able to restore behavior by re-setting Chrome. Did the same for Firefox. Cleared ALL cookies and cached data.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, mine is back! I followed Keith's advice. I closed all of my Chrome windows (I'm a hoarder lol) and logged back into Roll20 - all good now!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I had to pretty much nuke Chrome from orbit. Even a machine restart and logout/in didn't work.